Canesten Internal Cream
Canesten Internal Cream (formerly Canesten Once) provides you with a single dose for treating thrush symptoms. The pre-fill applicator contains 5g of Canesten cream that can be inserted directly into the vagina for symptomatic thrush treatment.
What Causes Thrush?
Thrush is caused when there is disruption in the balance between bacteria and yeasts which naturally live within the vagina. This leads to symptoms like vaginal itching, burning sensations, and a thick discharge.
It can be caused by a variety of factors like:
- Medicines and antibiotics
- The trauma of sexual activity
- Perfumed soap, shower gels, or bubble baths
- Wearing tight clothing
Preventing Thrush with Canesten Internal Cream
Canesten Internal Cream can be used to prevent the growth of fungus and reduce itchy, burning sensations.
To prevent thrush from recurring:
- Avoid tight, synthetic clothing
- Avoid perfumed soaps, gels, bubble baths, vaginal deodorants and douches
- Change tampons or pads regularly when on your period
How Does Canesten Internal Cream Treat Thrush?
Canesten Internal Cream, a powerful antifungal ointment, is specially formulated to kill the fungal infection. It targets yeast infection and works to soothe the area to relieve itching and irritation.